Monday, January 6, 2014

Holiday Open House

In the days before Christmas, the Carol Stream Public Library hosted a special Holiday Open House--a day filled with special events, music, delicious refreshments, and sleigh rides in Armstrong Park with real reindeer! The library was packed with residents throughout the day and the event was a huge success. The Friends of the Carol Stream Library generously provided all of the cookies and beverages, and several of the library trustees supported by the STL organization were on hand to lend support.

Bonita Gilliam, one of the trustees elected to the Board last April, shared some of her thoughts about the event:

"I had a wonderful day at the Holiday Open House in our very own Carol Stream Library. Books, magazines and media were the backdrop for laughter, singing, bell ringing, sleigh rides, reindeer, and movies. Ooops! I almost forgot to mention Santa and his elves were also present.

It was heart-warming to see so many folks who came out on a cold winter day to share holiday fun. I had the best “job” a  Library Trustee  could ask for because I got to welcome our guests at the front door of the library. Let me share some pictures with you--taken by my husband David Gilliam. Mark your calendars and plan to join us next year. Thanks again, Carol Streamers for electing me to serve as your Trustee."


No comments:

Post a Comment